Please use the following list of items to prepare for filing your personal income tax return.
- Dates of birth and Social Security numbers for you, your spouse, children and dependents
- Bank account and routing numbers for electronic refund deposit
- Prior year’s income tax return
- W-2 forms for wages, salaries, tips, etc.
- 1099s for interest, dividends, retirement, Social Security, state/local refunds, etc.
- Rental property income and expenses
- Schedule K-1 from partnerships, S corporations, estates and trusts
- Statements reflecting mortgage interest, real estate and personal property taxes paid
- Any charitable contributions and value of any donated property
- Record of retirement plan contributions such as IRAs, SEP, SIMPLE and other self-employed pension plans
- Statements reflecting investment transactions for securities such as stocks and bonds
- Cost basis information on securities or property sold
- Health insurance coverage Forms 1095-A, 1095-B and/or 1095-C
- Medical and dental expense records
- Documents supporting educational expenses, deductions or distributions including Forms 1098-T, 1098-E or 1099-Q
- Alimony Paid
- Legal documentation of adoption, divorce or separation involving custody of your dependent children
- Closing statements regarding the sale or purchase of real property
- Business expenses that have been incurred personally
- Qualified energy efficient home improvements
- Any tax notices sent to you by the IRS or other taxing authority
- The contents of any envelope that has Important Tax Information or the like printed on the outside
- Estimated tax payments made during the year